Power Clean 3-3-3-3-3 reps
(Touch and GO only!)
Ten rounds for time of:
3 Power Cleans, 205/145-lbs.
7 Burpee Pull-ups
Purephama recently put together 7 of the most inspiring female athlete quotes, and since we have one (maybe two) inspiring freaking ladies representing us at Regionals this year, I thought it would be appropriate to share!
1. “Believe me, the reward is not so great without the struggle.” -Wilma Rudolph
In 1960, the track and field athlete became the first American female to win three gold medals at one Olympic Games. When she was younger, she was extremely sick and had to wear a brace on her left leg.
2. “True champions aren’t always the ones that win, but those with the most guts.” -Mia Hamm
At the young age of 15, she officially became the youngest player to ever join the national team; at just 19 years of age, she was the youngest team member to ever win the World Cup.
3. “Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” -Gail Devers
American track and field Athlete Gail Devers undoubtedly had to believe in herself when, while training for the Olympics, she started experiencing a host of scary symptoms, including migraines, fainting, memory loss and hair loss. She nearly had her feet amputated. She was eventually diagnosed with Graves’ disease (a thyroid disorde). She later took home a gold medal in the 1992 Summer Olympics.
4. “When you fall, get right back up. Just keep going, keep pushing it.” -Lindsey Vonn
Lindsey Vonn is widely considered the most successful female ski racer in the entire world, but the well-deserved title was hardly dropped in her lap. She has had to fight through more than one injury to become the world class athlete we know her as today.
5. “To have any doubt in your body is the biggest weakness an athlete can have.” -Shawn Johnson
She’s an Olympic gymnast, New York Times best-selling author and entrepreneur; but you might be surprised to know that Shawn Johnson also once struggled with an eating disorder.
6. “Always work hard, never give up, and fight until the end because it’s never really over until the whistle blows.” -Alex Morgan
Alex Morgan’s determination and discipline are undeniable. With an Olympic gold medal and FIFA Women’s World Cup championship under her belt, she’s proven to women across the world that hard work and motivation will never fail you.
7. “Never put an age limit on your dreams.” -Dara Torres
At 48 years old, five-time Olympic swimmer Dara Torres continues to climb the ladder of success. Her list of achievements is anything but brief: In addition to her awe-inspiring athletic career, she’s a model, TV personality, motivational speaker and a mother.
Brought to you by Caitlin Brennan
(Taken from Purepharama.com)